Sr. R&D Technician
Noon Energy is seeking an experienced and dynamic Sr. R&D Technician to join our Development Team. This role is crucial for supporting technical departments with hands-on tasks, including installing new solid oxide stacks and catalysts, troubleshooting and repairing test rigs, and building new test equipment. If you thrive in a fast-paced environment and enjoy hands-on work in a lab setting, we want to hear from you.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Install new solid oxide stacks and catalysts.
- Troubleshoot and repair test rigs.
- Build new test equipment and specialized parts for demos.
- Perform a variety of hands-on tasks in a lab environment.
- Work collaboratively with different technical teams to meet project goals and timelines.
Experience & Skills
- Proven experience working in machine shops and with a wide variety of tools.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills and some electrical experience, such as working with voltage wires and power supplies.
- Comfortable working with pressurized gases, hazardous gases, chemicals (including powders), compression fittings, and high-temperature systems.
- Knowledge of laboratory safety practices.
- Experience working with solid oxide cells/stacks or catalysts is highly desirable.
Traits for Success in this Role
- Eager to learn and grow in a technical environment.
- Comfortable adapting to sudden changes in a fast-paced setting.
- Enthusiastic about hands-on work and problem-solving.
This role requires 4 days per week on-site presence at our office in Mountain View, CA.
Compensation & Benefits
- Salary range: $100,000 to $150,000 DOE
- Equitable compensation and a comprehensive benefits package, including health, dental, and vision insurance.
- 401(k) plan with matching and 12 weeks of paid parental leave for all employees, regardless of gender identity or expression.
Equal Employment Opportunity
At Noon Energy, we embrace diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Noon Energy’s vision is a fully-renewable future with energy storage inspired by nature. We’re on a mission to allow the world to run on renewables with low-cost compact long-duration energy storage. Our compact stationary battery uses the same chemistry that plants use in photosynthesis, eliminating the need for mining precious metals for energy storage. Noon Energy batteries deliver 200+ hours of storage capacity, enabling 5-6 ¢/kWh on-demand renewable electricity when paired with wind and solar. The Noon Energy technology is robust, safe, and the core electrochemical component of the technology is currently operating on Mars. Initially, we are developing products for the $1T stationary energy storage market with future applications in long-haul shipping and trucking.
“Our battery stores energy by splitting CO2, similar to how nature stores energy by photosynthesis. Storage in air-abundant molecules, rather than rare metals, is key to our fundamental advantages in cost, sustainability, and energy density.” - Chris Graves, CEO.
We are building a company rooted in our desire for everyone to have access to abundant low-cost energy. Our core values are woven into everything we do, from what we ask in interviews, how we run our meetings, and how we make the highest-level company decisions. We believe that alignment with our core ideology is essential for building a lasting company with massive positive impact on the world.
Interested candidates should apply at Noon.Energy or via Linkedin.com. The hiring process will include an application review, vision and values screening call, skills and expertise interview, technical interview, on-site interview, benefits review, and offer negotiation. Reference checks will be conducted before finalizing the offer.