Head of Product
Noon Energy is seeking a visionary and experienced Head of Product to join our dedicated team in the Commercialization department. This role is vital for shaping and executing our commercialization strategy, and seeks a leader with a proven track record in bringing innovative products to market, especially in the energy storage sector.
In this role, you will be responsible for developing and refining our go-to-market and product strategy, building meaningful relationships with potential customers and partners, and collaborating closely with our engineering and analytics teams. Your insights and leadership will be crucial in aligning our product development with market demands and customer needs.
Candidates with experience in early-stage startups are encouraged to apply, especially candidates from underrepresented backgrounds in the hardtech climate space. We are looking for a team-player who is passionate about our mission in sustainability and wants to work in a fast-paced collaborative startup environment.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Lead the development of Noon’s product and commercialization strategy.
- Perform comprehensive market analysis, customer discovery, and identify key partnership opportunities.
- Collaborate with the energy analytics and modeling team for customer engagement and product alignment.
- Manage definition of product specifications and capabilities with the engineering team.
- Guide and secure the company's commercial pipeline, ensuring a deep understanding of both customer and product needs.
- Support the Series B fundraising and product launch timelines through strategic initiatives.
- Lead efforts in developing product and commercialization strategy for the company.
- Mastermind business growth strategies to help meet organizational goals and objectives.
- Acquire customers and partners and build a pipeline of projects for Noon’s product.
Market Research and Analysis
- Complete market research and analysis and update the company business plan and go-to-market strategy.
- Develop financial models, define pricing for commercial contracts.
- Gain deeper understanding of the customer needs and lead product development efforts to meet those needs.
Building Project Pipeline
- Lead efforts to actively respond to RFIs and RFPs.
- Secure LOIs, MOUs from potential customers.
- Build and nurture client relationships in order to continue winning new contracts.
- Attend networking events and build industry connections in order to facilitate business growth.
- Negotiate and execute commercial contracts with customers.
Marketing and Branding
- Oversee branding and marketing endeavors.
- Develop marketing documents for the company and its products.
- Support design and maintenance of the company’s website.
- Prepare public communications, statements, presentations.
- Build the commercialization organization
- Train and develop the team
- Communicate clearly with the engineering, R&D, and operations teams to meet customer goals and expectations
Experience & Skills
- At least 4-7 years of experience for Head of Product and 10+ for VP in a commercialization role, preferably within the energy storage industry.
- Demonstrated ability in building and managing relationships with key customers and stakeholders.
- Strong understanding of both behind-the-meter and front-of-the-meter applications for energy storage.
- Experience in product development and commercializing technology, ideally in a modular energy technology environment.
- In-depth knowledge of market research methods and analysis.
- An understanding of the renewable energy industry, including relevant regulations, policies, and financing.
- Engineering and business degrees are advantageous.
- Experience managing investor and policymaker relationships is a plus.
This role requires a 4-days-per-week on-site presence at our Mountain View, CA office.
Compensation & Benefits
- Salary range: $160-250k DOE
- Equitable compensation and a comprehensive benefits package, including health, dental, and vision insurance.
- 401(k) plan with matching and 12 weeks of paid parental leave for all employees, regardless of gender identity or expression.
Equal Employment Opportunity
At Noon Energy, we embrace diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Noon Energy’s vision is a fully-renewable future with energy storage inspired by nature. We’re on a mission to allow the world to run on renewables with low-cost compact long-duration energy storage. Our compact stationary battery uses the same chemistry that plants use in photosynthesis, eliminating the need for mining precious metals for energy storage. Noon Energy batteries deliver 200+ hours of storage capacity, enabling 5-6 ¢/kWh on-demand renewable electricity when paired with wind and solar. The Noon Energy technology is robust, safe, and the core electrochemical component of the technology is currently operating on Mars. Initially, we are developing products for the $1T stationary energy storage market with future applications in long-haul shipping and trucking.
“Our battery stores energy by splitting CO2, similar to how nature stores energy by photosynthesis. Storage in air-abundant molecules, rather than rare metals, is key to our fundamental advantages in cost, sustainability, and energy density.” - Chris Graves, CEO.
We are building a company rooted in our desire for everyone to have access to abundant low-cost energy. Our core values are woven into everything we do, from what we ask in interviews, how we run our meetings, and how we make the highest-level company decisions. We believe that alignment with our core ideology is essential for building a lasting company with massive positive impact on the world.
Interested candidates should apply through https://www.noon.energy/careers or LinkedIn. The hiring process will include an application review, vision and values screening call, skills and expertise interview, technical interview, on-site interview, benefits review, and offer negotiation. Reference checks will be conducted before finalizing the offer.