Head of Analytics
Join our dynamic Commercialization team at Noon Energy! We are on the lookout for a Head of Analytics who is ready to dive deep into the renewable energy sector and play a pivotal role in shaping our commercialization strategy. This position is ideal for someone with a strong background in quantitative analytics and a passion for the renewable energy industry, especially energy storage systems.
In the first year, you’ll be instrumental in leading techno-economic analysis, developing energy storage valuation models, and understanding customer segments for long-duration energy storage (LDES) applications. Your work will be crucial in supporting our Series B funding and product launch timelines.
Candidates with experience in early-stage startups are encouraged to apply, especially candidates from underrepresented backgrounds in the hardtech climate space. We are looking for a team-player who is passionate about our mission in sustainability and wants to work in a fast-paced collaborative startup environment.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Develop software and quantitative modeling tools to support Noon’s commercialization strategy, energy policy, and business development initiatives.
- Lead techno-economic analysis for Noon’s product.
- Develop financial models to confirm the business case for long-duration energy storage in different applications.
- Complete models and analysis for different customer profiles and market segments to meet decarbonization needs.
- Collaborate closely with the engineering and commercialization teams to align customer needs with product development.
- Play a key role in investor due diligence and customer acquisition through data-driven insights and analytics.
- Build and manage the analytics team.
Experience & Skills
- Minimum of 5 years in a quantitative analytics role, preferably in an energy storage company or a utility.
- Profound understanding of power systems, energy markets, and the renewable energy industry, including regulations, policies, and financing.
- Previous experience in energy storage analysis highly desirable.
- Degrees in engineering and business are advantageous.
- Excellent modeling, communication, and organizational skills, and a strategic mindset.
This role requires 4 days per week on-site presence at our office in Mountain View, CA.
Compensation & Benefits
- Salary range: $160-250k DOE
- Equitable compensation and a comprehensive benefits package, including health, dental, and vision insurance.
- 401(k) plan with matching and 12 weeks of paid parental leave for all employees, regardless of gender identity or expression.
Equal Employment Opportunity
At Noon Energy, we embrace diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Noon Energy’s vision is a fully-renewable future with energy storage inspired by nature. We’re on a mission to allow the world to run on renewables with low-cost compact long-duration energy storage. Our compact stationary battery uses the same chemistry that plants use in photosynthesis, eliminating the need for mining precious metals for energy storage. Noon Energy batteries deliver 200+ hours of storage capacity, enabling 5-6 ¢/kWh on-demand renewable electricity when paired with wind and solar. The Noon Energy technology is robust, safe, and the core electrochemical component of the technology is currently operating on Mars. Initially, we are developing products for the $1T stationary energy storage market with future applications in long-haul shipping and trucking.
“Our battery stores energy by splitting CO2, similar to how nature stores energy by photosynthesis. Storage in air-abundant molecules, rather than rare metals, is key to our fundamental advantages in cost, sustainability, and energy density.” - Chris Graves, CEO.
We are building a company rooted in our desire for everyone to have access to abundant low-cost energy. Our core values are woven into everything we do, from what we ask in interviews, how we run our meetings, and how we make the highest-level company decisions. We believe that alignment with our core ideology is essential for building a lasting company with massive positive impact on the world.
Interested candidates should apply at https://www.noon.energy/careers or via LinkedIn.com. The hiring process will include an application review, vision and values screening call, skills and expertise interview, technical interview, on-site interview, benefits review, and offer negotiation. Reference checks will be conducted before finalizing the offer.