Finance and Accounting Manager
Noon Energy, a pioneer in renewable energy storage solutions, is seeking a dynamic and experienced Finance Manager to join our Operations team. This role is vital for maintaining the financial health of our rapidly growing organization and will be instrumental in shaping our financial strategy and processes. If you have a passion for finance and a desire to contribute to a company at the forefront of renewable energy, we would love to hear from you.
- Oversee all finance-related activities, including bookkeeping, financial reporting, and grant invoicing.
- Manage time management reporting for grants and ensure compliance with grant budget allowances.
- Implement and document financial controls and processes.
- Lead the audit process for grants and the board of directors.
- Spearhead year-end budgeting efforts and monthly, quarterly, and annual budget vs. actual reporting.
- Proactively manage company cash flow and payroll processes.
- Onboard suppliers and contractors into procurement and payment systems.
- Ensure all transactions are backed up with proper documentation.
- Support integration of finance, payroll, and procurement/payment systems.
- Assist with investor reporting and fundraising efforts.
- Research tax credits and financial incentives applicable to Noon Energy’s technology.
- Min 5 years working experience as an accountant, bookkeeper or as finance manager at a tech startup
- Proficiency in QuickBooks Online, timekeeping software, bill payment software, and purchasing/accounting system integration.
- Experience with DOE and CEC grant budgeting, timekeeping, expense reporting, and invoicing.
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment.
- Strong proactive approach to challenges and tasks, ensuring high competence and timely completion.
- Ability to present complex data sets in meaningful formats to diverse audiences.
- Expertise in board and investor reporting, GAAP accounting principles, and cost accounting.
- Familiarity with tax law and audit processes.
- Experience with pre-IPO stock/equity plan management and purchasing processes.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting preferred.
This role requires a 4-days-per-week on-site presence at our Mountain View, CA office.
Compensation & Benefits
- Salary range: $100,000 - $150,000 DOE
- Equitable compensation and a comprehensive benefits package, including health, dental, and vision insurance.
- 401(k) plan with matching and 12 weeks of paid parental leave for all employees, regardless of gender identity or expression.
Equal Employment Opportunity
At Noon Energy, we embrace diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Noon Energy’s vision is a fully-renewable future with energy storage inspired by nature. We’re on a mission to allow the world to run on renewables with low-cost compact long-duration energy storage. Our compact stationary battery uses the same chemistry that plants use in photosynthesis, eliminating the need for mining precious metals for energy storage. Noon Energy batteries deliver 200+ hours of storage capacity, enabling 5-6 ¢/kWh on-demand renewable electricity when paired with wind and solar. The Noon Energy technology is robust, safe, and the core electrochemical component of the technology is currently operating on Mars. Initially, we are developing products for the $1T stationary energy storage market with future applications in long-haul shipping and trucking.
“Our battery stores energy by splitting CO2, similar to how nature stores energy by photosynthesis. Storage in air-abundant molecules, rather than rare metals, is key to our fundamental advantages in cost, sustainability, and energy density.” - Chris Graves, CEO.
We are building a company rooted in our desire for everyone to have access to abundant low-cost energy. Our core values are woven into everything we do, from what we ask in interviews, how we run our meetings, and how we make the highest-level company decisions. We believe that alignment with our core ideology is essential for building a lasting company with massive positive impact on the world.
Interested candidates should apply through https://www.noon.energy/careers or LinkedIn. The hiring process will include an application review, vision and values screening call, skills and expertise interview, technical interview, on-site interview, benefits review, and offer negotiation. Reference checks will be conducted before finalizing the offer.