Chief of Staff
Industrial facilities around the world are facing unprecedented energy challenges around rising energy costs and carbon reduction goals. At Ndustrial we help our customers measure and improve their carbon footprint, energy spend, and profitability in terms of their production. We call this Energy Intensity, and we do it with a “production first” mindset for maximum impact. That’s why at Ndustrial our mission is to accelerate the optimization of Energy Intensity in industrial facilities. We live out this mission every day from our software development teams to our go-to-market teams.
Our Nsight Energy Intensity Platform is a market-leading SaaS platform which integrates IoT devices and control systems in the field with cloud-based systems. Nsight brings together all of this data to accelerate the energy transition for our industrial customers.
More About Us:
- We live our values everyday: Teamwork, Customer First, Quality, and Curiosity
- Our founders merged their experiences across Silicon Valley innovation, industrial engineering, and computer science to build a real-time industrial intelligence platform.
- We started as a team of three and have grown to more than 40 employees based in Raleigh and around the country.
- Our customers span the globe with hundreds of industrial facilities that are highly energy intensive like cold storage warehouses, recycling facilities, and manufacturing sites.
- Our investors include one of the largest utilities on the planet (ENGIE New Ventures), one of the leading climate tech investors (Clean Energy Ventures), and the largest cold storage logistics companies in the world (Lineage Logistics).
- We exist to make the world a better place. We work every day to root out waste in the industrial sector. We are also dedicated to being a place where people can grow, have fun, feel part of a great community, and give back.
- As a member of the Pledge 1% community, we donate 1% of employee time to charitable causes like building energy-efficient homes together with Habitat for
- Humanity. As a Green Places partner, we also track and offset our carbon emissions using high-quality, third-party verified offsets. Come grow with us!
About This Position
Our Chief of Staff will play a critical role in the strategic development and execution of projects and initiatives in collaboration with our CEO and other team leaders. You will ensure that our business is well-coordinated and productive by managing our procedures, and coaching our people.
The ideal candidate brings a solid understanding of the different operational components of a software business and an excellence in organization, problem solving, and people skills. Ultimately, our Chief of Staff will safeguard and augment our company’s operations to accelerate our development and long-term success.
****This position is based in our Raleigh, NC office and will be required to come into the office frequently.
- Partner with the CEO and other key stakeholders to drive rapid, scalable solutions to challenges across our business
- Participate in senior leadership meetings and 1:1's with the CEO and other key stakeholders to ensure accountability and appropriate information flow
- Manage the Chief Executive’s schedule, including scheduling meetings and planning travel
- Create information transparency, build strong relationships throughout the company, and monitor the day-to-day running of our business to smooth operations
- Support the CEO in board, investor, and internal communications, including presentation design, monthly reporting, and running company-wide meetings
- Ensure quarterly and annual budgeting processes are implement and tracked appropriately
- Determine key performance indicators for the business and how to measure individual team performance
- Support time management and prioritization for the CEO and senior leadership team
- Work with the senior leadership team to determine and prioritize business strategies based on team bandwidth and business priorities
- Monitor changing business regulations and policy standards and ensure our compliance
- Manage our procurement processes and external vendors, coordinate material and resources allocation
- Excellent organizational and leadership abilities
- You have a nimble business mind with a focus on developing creative solutions to challenging process problems
- You can identify ambiguity in business and operations process, then propose solutions and ensure their implementation
- You are a good sounding board for others, with low ego, high EQ, and a desire to learn
- Your strong project management and process improvement skills stand out, with a focus on interdepartmental communication
- You have a working knowledge of data analysis and performance/operation metrics
- You’re familiar with various business software (e.g. ERP, CRM, Microsoft365)
- You have experience in top-tier strategy consulting, business operations, or product roles in a high-growth startup or startup-like environment
- You’ve worked closely with executives and have an ability to build trust across organizational stakeholders
- You can dive into any area of the business, technology, or product, understand business needs, and facilitate executive decisions
- Open PTO Policy
- Outstanding Benefits: Medical, Dental and Vision, STD, LTD, Life, AD&D insurance employee premiums fully covered!
- Annual professional Development stipen
- 1% Pledge Program - we donate 1% of employees' time through community outreach and volunteer activities for a total of 21 hours annually
- Commuter benefit
- Team outings, catered weekly lunches, celebrations!
- Flexible work environment with in-office, hybrid, or remote options
- New, modern, gorgeous office conveniently located on Fayetteville St. in downtown Raleigh
- Inclusive, communicative, innovative, and fun environment
- Dog friendly office
Something looks off?