Director, Global Accounts - Automotive (Fuel Cell)
Billerica, MA, USA
Posted on Friday, December 22, 2023
Boston Materials: Go Beyond Limits
Organizations turn to Boston Materials to unlock business opportunities that are limited by material-level challenges. Our first-of-a-kind advanced materials are conductive and durable like metal, yet light like plastic. The underlying technology is a material made by vertically aligning carbon fibers, resulting in highly efficient energy dissipation properties. Backed by our proven manufacturing processes and customer validation in performance-critical applications across industries, Boston Materials can help you go beyond limits.
Boston Materials is committed to identifying high-growth opportunities that can profoundly enhance societal well-being and prosperity yet are currently limited by material-level challenges. We have identified three key focus areas that demand immediate resolution through the application of cutting-edge advanced materials:
· Beyond Moore’s Law: Materials that Unlock Semiconductors
· Beyond Diesel: Materials that Unlock Hydrogen Fuel Cells
· Beyond Mach 5: Materials that Unlock Hypersonic Aircraft
In these strategic domains, Boston Materials seeks to establish itself as an industry leader and invites individuals with a passion for innovation to join us on this journey. We actively seek talented individuals who share our vision and aspire to contribute.
Boston Materials aims to unlock the full potential of fuel cells to decarbonize heavy-duty transportation by solving issues with durability and reliability. We are actively seeking a Director, Global Accounts that will focus on promoting our Fuel Cell Bipolar Plate product with Automotive customers. We are looking for a highly accomplished and well-connected professional who is enthusiastic about fostering global market adoption for a transformational technology.
The Impact You Will Make in this Role
- Responsible for growing customer base for company Fuel Cell related products within Automotive, Transportation, and related industries. Spearhead customer expansion in EU and APAC regions while continuing growth in North American accounts.
- Drive successful commercialization with selected target global automotive OEMs and relevant tiered suppliers through opportunity incubation, strategic planning, business modeling, value proposition generation, and project leadership.
- Secure management- and executive-level visibility and buy-in within customer organizations for company programs.
- Build relevant customer/market relationships and carry out strategic customer portfolio planning.
- Set up collaborative efforts with company engineering teams and customer product development organizations to deliver to expectations and in alignment with the company strategy.
- Establish a screening process for customer projects and requests to ensure alignment with the company product and technology roadmap.
- Lead strategic planning and resource allocation efforts globally to develop the opportunities and value proposition differentiation.
Your Skills and Expertise
- Proven successful track record of bringing new products to market with automotive/transportation customers across NA, EU, and APAC regions.
- 15+ years of experience in account management, sales and/or business development within Automotive, Transportation, and related industries.
- Pre-existing close relationships with management- and executive-level members within automotive OEMs and relevant tiered suppliers.
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to engage effectively with both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Strong understanding of market dynamics and customer needs relating to vehicle electrification.
- Experience in customer-facing roles and ability to build strong relationships with key accounts.
- Ability to work collaboratively across different functions and navigate complex organizational structures.
- Strong project management skills, with a knack for driving projects to completion in a timely and efficient manner.
Summary of Benefits
- Health, Vision & Dental – Boston Materials pays 75% of Health, Vision and Dental Care coverage for employee and dependents
- 401(k) plan
- 4 weeks of supplemental Paid Paternity and Family Leave
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- Holidays: 14 days/year
Boston Materials is an EOE and at the forefront of materials innovation, the key to which is diverse teams with unique backgrounds and experiences. We are committed to employing a diverse workforce with equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, veteran status, or disability.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the US on a full-time basis.