Sr. Electrical Engineer - Industrial Control
Noon Energy, a leader in advanced Long Duration Energy Storage solutions, is looking for a Sr. Electrical Engineer specializing in Industrial Controls to join our Design Team within the Technical Org. This role is crucial in driving our ambitious projects, including the development and implementation of electrical control panels, high power distribution systems, and energy conversion solutions for our innovative products. If you have a passion for tackling complex engineering challenges and contributing to groundbreaking renewable energy technology, we encourage you to apply.
- Design and implement electrical control panels for advanced energy storage systems.
- Develop high power distribution and energy conversion strategies tailored to our products.
- Specify electrical components, ensuring compliance with industry standards and project requirements.
- Implement and maintain electrical documentation and standards across various projects.
- Collaborate closely with cross-functional teams on various projects.
- Contribute to the design and build of Noon Demo projects, ensuring technical excellence and innovation.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Mechatronics Engineering, or a related field. Master’s degree or PhD preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of experience for Bachelor’s degree holders or 2 years for Master’s/PhD holders in a relevant field.
- Proficiency in high power distribution, energy conversion, and grid-connected electronics.
- Skilled in component selection for control panels and systems.
- Ability to create and interpret electrical schematics and diagrams.
- Hands-on experience with PLC wiring, programming (Structured Text), and configuration.
- Familiarity with industrial communication protocols and industry safety regulations.
- Capable of reading and understanding P&IDs and Process Flow Diagrams.
- Strong project management skills and excellent interpersonal abilities.
Traits for Success:
- Analytical Skills: Ability to understand complex systems and devise effective engineering solutions.
- Attention to Detail: Precision in designing, selecting components, and programming control systems.
- Problem-Solving Skills: Aptitude for identifying and addressing unexpected technical challenges.
- Technical Proficiency: In-depth knowledge of electrical engineering principles and practical application skills.
- Communication Skills: Effective collaboration and clear communication within multidisciplinary teams.
This role requires 4-5 days per week on-site presence at our office in Mountain View, CA.
Compensation & Benefits
- Salary range: $130-$160K DOE
- Equitable compensation and a comprehensive benefits package, including health, dental, and vision insurance.
- 401(k) plan with matching and 12 weeks of paid parental leave for all employees, regardless of gender identity or expression.
Equal Employment Opportunity
At Noon Energy, we embrace diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Noon Energy’s vision is a fully-renewable future with energy storage inspired by nature. We’re on a mission to allow the world to run on renewables with low-cost compact long-duration energy storage. Our compact stationary battery uses the same chemistry that plants use in photosynthesis, eliminating the need for mining precious metals for energy storage. Noon Energy batteries deliver 200+ hours of storage capacity, enabling 5-6 ¢/kWh on-demand renewable electricity when paired with wind and solar. The Noon Energy technology is robust, safe, and the core electrochemical component of the technology is currently operating on Mars. Initially, we are developing products for the $1T stationary energy storage market with future applications in long-haul shipping and trucking.
“Our battery stores energy by splitting CO2, similar to how nature stores energy by photosynthesis. Storage in air-abundant molecules, rather than rare metals, is key to our fundamental advantages in cost, sustainability, and energy density.” - Chris Graves, CEO.
We are building a company rooted in our desire for everyone to have access to abundant low-cost energy. Our core values are woven into everything we do, from what we ask in interviews, how we run our meetings, and how we make the highest-level company decisions. We believe that alignment with our core ideology is essential for building a lasting company with massive positive impact on the world.
Interested candidates should apply at Noon.Energy or via Linkedin.com. The hiring process will include an application review, vision and values screening call, skills and expertise interview, technical interview, on-site interview, benefits review, and offer negotiation. Reference checks will be conducted before finalizing the offer.