ConnectDER (www.ConnectDER.com) represents the next generation in US-based grid technology product development. Our flagship product, the Smart ConnectDER, is a plug-and-play interface for rapidly connecting residential solar photovoltaic systems and EV chargers to the grid and managing them using embedded telemetry and communications.
We’re a 40+ employee, venture-backed company with a planned rapid growth trajectory and a robust product development schedule. We’re looking to connect with talented individuals who are ready to deliver innovative, quality service that drives our mission to empower utilities and their customers with tools that radically enhance the value of clean grid edge resources.
At ConnectDER we know that a diverse, equal, and inclusive workplace is a key to our success. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, family status, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, neuro-diversity, disability, age, or veteran status, or any other non-merit based or legally protected grounds.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
All full-time employees receive access to comprehensive benefits including:
Health insurance plan - we cover 75% for employees, spouses, and children.
Flexible paid time off – take the time off that you need.
401K with company match – we want to help you meet your future financial goals.
Equity stock options - your opportunity to share in the success of the company.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Project Manager is responsible for efficiently managing the schedule and execution of all new product introduction programs. They work cross-functionally to align the company around program deliverables and serve as the primary coordinator for the development of project timelines, budgets, and milestones. This position works collaboratively with teams of Engineers, Product Managers, Supply Chain (internal and external), Sales, Quality Assurance, and other ConnectDER resources to deliver products that meet all the functional, performance, reliability, manufacturability and in-service requirements to internal and external customers.
**This is a hybrid role which requires a minimum of 3 days/week in our Philadelphia, PA office**
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
- Lead new product development initiative projects from start to finish:
- Develop and track to project budgets and target dates
- Develop and maintain project schedules
- Identify key requirements needed from cross-functional teams and external vendors
- Guide cross-functional teams to assure all milestones are monitored and met on schedule
- Identify both risks and issues and facilitate issue resolution across departments and escalates as appropriate.
- Communicate project status and results to external customers, management, and internal customers through frequent contact and communication efforts
- Adhere to and enforce project processes, methodologies and program standards
- Provide oversight and coordination with Engineering, Production, Marketing and other teams and business units throughout the product development lifecycle
- Define, maintain, and champion project lifecycle processes and provide guidance for overall development processes
- Plan, organize and monitor the completion of requirement definitions, functional specifications, product design specifications, design documents, and system and technical architecture definition
- Support Product Management in orchestrating the definition of functional requirements, ensuring product-cost and project schedules meet market needs and understanding the project case
- Participate in design reviews internally and with external suppliers and customers.
- Work with the engineering team to ensure specification compliance in the areas of the design, system performance and delivery criteria
- Lead milestone stage gate reviews and other required meetings with internal and external teams
- Partner with the Supply Chain team to ensure inventory for prototype development is ordered, received, and managed
- Coordinate the product development and quality assurance teams during Alpha, Beta, First Article, Product and System Acceptance tests, and certification requirements of new products and systems
- Coordinates with the Product Marketing team to ensure that a commercialization plan for new products is in place
- Create regular status reports summarizing status of projects including financials, risks, mitigations, contingencies and impact to revenue and present to leadership team
- Ensure adherence to process across multiple project initiatives with consistent execution across multiple projects, communication, and approach
- Understand customer delivery requirements and revenue targets to guide decisions to achieve the desired outcome
- Capture the lessons learned and facilitate cross-functional post-mortem feedback meetings to share address findings.
Compensation range for this role is $105,000 - $115,000 + bonus + equity
WHO YOU ARE
PASSION – you thrive on creativity and invention and you understand how your work can impact the greater good.
ACCOUNTABILITY – people can count on you to do what you say, to take ownership of your performance, and to work hard to accomplish your goals.
INTEGRITY – you act with sound judgment, honesty, dependability, and consistency.
INCLUSION – you create an environment which fosters authenticity, diversity, innovation, collaboration, and respect.
ENTREPRENEURIAL – you enjoy working in a continuously evolving environment where everyone’s contribution is valued and essential.
MISSION-DRIVEN – you’re excited about renewable energy and you have a passion for clean technology.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Business preferred
- PMP Certification Preferred
- 4-6 years experience managing technical projects and product lifecycle development
- Extensive experience in all stages of New Product Introduction (NPI) including ideation, concept, prototype, design, pre-production and volume manufacturing launch.
- Experience owning, planning, and delivering on customer and company KPIs
- Comfort in operating in both Agile and Waterfall project methodologies, for both Software and Hardware development projects.
- Experience using Atlassian Jira, Microsoft Project, and ClickUp
- Lean, Six Sigma and other Continuous Improvement process experience
- Advanced knowledge of Atlassian Jira
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Project and ClickUp
- Strong organizational, analytical and project management skills combined with technical aptitude.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills (written, verbal and interpersonal).
- Skilled in project planning and project management.
- Adaptable, results oriented, and effective at managing change, and proven team building capabilities.
- Skilled at managing conflict and effectively working through to quick resolution.
- Ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced, metric-driven environment
To apply, please submit your resume. Applications without a resume will not be considered.
Don’t meet all the requirements listed above? Research shows that members of historically underrepresented groups don’t typically apply for jobs unless they meet 100% of the requirements. We are dedicated to building a diverse workforce and if this job interests you, we encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet every bullet point.
ConnectDER is committed to developing a barrier-free recruitment process and work environment. If you require any accommodation during the application and interview process, please email us at careers @ connectder.com (no spaces) and we’ll work with you to meet your accessibility needs.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.