Principal Engineer - Thermal Interface Materials
Billerica, MA, USA
Posted on Friday, December 22, 2023
Boston Materials: Go Beyond Limits
Organizations turn to Boston Materials to unlock business opportunities that are limited by material-level challenges. Our first-of-a-kind advanced materials are conductive and durable like metal, yet light like plastic. The underlying technology is a material made by vertically aligning carbon fibers, resulting in highly efficient energy dissipation properties. Backed by our proven manufacturing processes and customer validation in performance-critical applications across industries, Boston Materials can help you go beyond limits.
Boston Materials is committed to identifying high-growth opportunities that can profoundly enhance societal well-being and prosperity yet are currently limited by material-level challenges. We have identified three key focus areas that demand immediate resolution through the application of cutting-edge advanced materials:
· Beyond Moore’s Law: Materials that Unlock Semiconductors
· Beyond Diesel: Materials that Unlock Hydrogen Fuel Cells
· Beyond Mach 5: Materials that Unlock Hypersonic Aircraft
In these strategic domains, Boston Materials seeks to establish itself as an industry leader and invites individuals with a passion for innovation to join us on this journey. We actively seek talented individuals who share our vision and aspire to contribute.
Boston Materials aims to unlock the full potential of Electronics and Semiconductors by solving efficiency losses of thermal interfaces. We are actively seeking an industry veteran to assume a key role in providing technical leadership for the development of our Thermal Interface Material (TIM) products. We are looking for an energized and experienced professional who is eager to contribute at an advanced level, working hands-on to refine and execute our product roadmap within a dynamic, technology-driven environment.
The Impact You Will Make in this Role
- Provide technical leadership to engineering teams, directing the design, testing, integration, scale up, and optimization of thermal interface material (TIM) products.
- Work hands-on to iterate and execute on technology and product roadmap. Become intimately familiar with every aspect of material processing, characterization, and end-use integration.
- Act as the primary technical contact for key customers, suppliers, and partners, building close professional relationships and influencing the prioritization of company programs.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams including sales, marketing, product management, engineering, and manufacturing to define product specifications and development timelines.
- Drive innovation to enhance competitive differentiation, quality, and cost efficiency.
- Oversee quality assurance and compliance with industry standards throughout the product lifecycle.
- Identify and assess new technologies that may enhance company product offerings.
- Prepare and present technical literature at relevant industry and customer events.
Your Skills and Expertise
- Advanced degree in Engineering, Material Science, or a closely related field.
- 15+ years of experience in product engineering or similar, with a focus on Thermal Interface Materials (TIMs) or similar particle-filled composites.
- Demonstrated success in leading product development in a fast-paced, technology-driven environment.
- In-depth knowledge of material properties, especially related to metallic and polymeric materials commonly used in TIM applications.
- Exceptional leadership and team management skills, with a proven ability to inspire and guide teams towards achieving project goals.
- Ability to work hands-on in a laboratory environment.
- Experience with roll-to-roll coating, lamination, compression molding, or related processes is a plus.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities with excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Experience in customer engagement and technical sales support.
- Willingness to travel as needed for customer engagement and industry events.
Summary of Benefits
- Health, Vision & Dental – Boston Materials pays 75% of Health, Vision and Dental Care coverage for employee and dependents
- 401(k) plan
- 4 weeks of supplemental Paid Paternity and Family Leave
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- Holidays: 14 days/year
Boston Materials is an EOE and at the forefront of materials innovation, the key to which is diverse teams with unique backgrounds and experiences. We are committed to employing a diverse workforce with equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, veteran status, or disability.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the US on a full-time basis.