Head of Engineering
As a member of our senior leadership, you will use your technical and leadership expertise to build an engineering team that cannot only achieve Bodhi’s ambitious vision but also one in which you’ll be proud to tell your grandkids about.
You will work closely with teams across the business to formulate our company’s strategic roadmap and ensure we deliver on our promises to our customers. You will use your experiences from your prior successes and mistakes in scaling other start-up teams to balance our immediate business needs with the technical infrastructure needed to operate at scale. A significant portion of the role will involve mentoring the engineering team to help them through challenges and to better understand what’s possible in architecture, design, and implementation. You’ll also roll up your sleeves and dig in to do what is needed to achieve our company goals.
This is a results-driven, fast-paced startup environment with opportunities to grow professionally and take ownership of your role in building the next leading software company in solar. We are invested in your future, offering a competitive startup salary, benefits, and equity.
This is a remote job but preference will be given to those based or willing to be based in Austin, TX.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science, Software Engineering or a related discipline
- Proficient with our tech stack (PostgreSQL, TypeScript, React using AWS Serverless Lambda in a Node.js runtime)
- Deep technical expertise in software development with the ability to drive architectural conversations to their conclusion
- Prior success scaling a SaaS platform from product market fit through hyper-growth - fungible infrastructure, performance and cost optimization, software design patterns, automation and testing, and cybersecurity
- 5+ years of experience successfully building, managing, and mentoring high performing engineering teams
- Ability to independently own execution of the product roadmap, including effective prioritization and clear communication
- High degree of comfort contributing to and influencing product strategy